BEST PRACTICES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS
WASH, WASH, WASH THOSE HANDS- OFTEN!
AAP Guide to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
Hand washing can stop the spread of infection. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer. Look for one that is 60% or higher alcohol-based.
- Before Eating
- After a trip to the bathroom
- Whenever she comes in from playing outdoors
- After touching an animal like a family pet
- After sneezing or coughing if she covers her mouth
- When someone in the household is ill
- Keep your kids away from others who are sick or keep them home if they are ill.
- Teach kids to cough and sneeze into a tissue, or to cough and sneeze into their arm or elbow, not their hands.
- Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home.
- Avoid touching your face; teach your children to do the same.
- Avoid travel to highly infected areas.